Thursday, May 28, 2015

June 2015 Bulletin: Year In Review and Council Social!

Lead article from the June 2015 bulletin, online now.

Can you believe it? The fraternal year is over already!

With that, the State Convention was just held and we were lucky enough to take home some hardware. I wasn’t able to make it this year but Deputy Grand Knight Joe Vanhoorik represented us well. We took home 3rd Place for Outstanding Council Activity for the spaghetti fundraiser we held for Ivan. Even better than winning an award, Ivan was able to get the van he needed! Our Council won 2nd Place for Outstanding Youth Activity in recognition of all your hard work and commitment for the Christmas tree lot. Last but not least we won 3rd Place for Outstanding Church Activity for the rectory project. I have to admit that with all the hard work, blood, sweat and tears that went into the Rectory, I thought 3rd was a little low. But then I drive by the rectory and see the Priests walking to their new home with smiles on their faces I think that is what it was all about, not an award. That project was probably one of the biggest projects undertaken in the State if not the Nation. The rectory team did an outstanding job of keeping the building on schedule and on budget. Many hours went into putting together a commemorative book which was sent to State. The book documented the rectory need and its building. Also, watch the Columbia magazine in the future, for there may be an article on this project in the upcoming months. This council amazes me with all our programs and accomplishments over the years. Nothing is impossible because of you, our members, by bringing your ideas and perseverance and seeing them through completion.

On another note my time has Grand Knight is almost over as the fraternal year comes to an end. I’m sure you are all excited to get rid of me and all my quirks! I just want to tell you all from the bottom of my heart I truly have enjoyed the last couple of years as Grand Knight. It was a great experience and I learned a lot about the Council along the way. I want to thank all of the officers for their hard work and dedication, with many of them doing double duties. I was proud to serve you guys and look forward to what is next on this journey. Thank you all for the help along the way.

God Bless.
Jim Wiegers
Grand Knight

* * * * *

You and your spouse are invited to the
Knights of Columbus Council 4174 Awards Banquet and Social
 Wednesday, June 10, at St. Albert’s Parish Center

Come and enjoy some social time starting at 6:30 p.m. Dinner will be served at 7 p.m. with awards to follow. Please join us! Please RSVP to council4174@gmail.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment