Monday, June 5, 2017

June 2017 Bulletin:
Don't Wait; Step Up!

Lead article from the June 2017 bulletin, online now.

I sit here looking at my one week old son Micah thinking “Is this really such a good time to be taking on the role of Grand Knight?”  This is how I started the first article I wrote as Grand Knight. Micah is almost two now and I have another one-week-old son name Declan at home.  Instead of sitting on the couch holding him I am outside at my son's baseball game writing so my wife can be at home with the little ones. 

The point of that first article was that we always shy away from commitments because we convince ourselves that we do not have enough time.  Well I have less time to do this now then I did when I started so I'm glad I didn't convince myself to delay.  I wouldn't hesitate to do it again and look forward to serving the council as a regular member once again.  It's been an honor to serve in this role for the last two years and I want to thank everyone for making this council so great.  I especially want to thank all of the officers and directors that do so much outside of the regular meetings to keep the council operating smoothly. 

I encourage everyone to think about volunteering for one of the leadership roles at some point.  It really gives you an appreciation for how much this council does and how well it is run. There are many leadership positions that do not require much of a time commitment so don't let that scare you away.

Please join us at the June meeting as we celebrate the year with a great meal and social.

Joe VanHoorik
Grand Knight


No comments:

Post a Comment